In addition to the Press’s interest in the academic disciplines and fields of study at the American University of Armenia, the Press also welcomes proposals in the following areas not covered by other publishing houses in Armenia:
- Critical Theory Studies
- Diaspora Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Translation Studies
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Proposals should be emailed to Shushan Avagyan <email@example.com> and should include a cover letter, CV of the author or co-authors, table of contents, and sample chapter.
Please include in the cover letter:
- A description of the manuscript, including the working title and estimated total word count, proposed aims and scope, central themes and arguments (what makes it unique, and what questions it seeks to answer);
- A description of the work’s potential audience (students, scholars, practitioners, the general public, etc.);
- An indication of whether any part of your manuscript has been published previously, and if it is a doctoral dissertation, how you intend to transform it for publication;
- A list or description of images included in the book and whether valid copyrights have been obtained;
- If the manuscript is not complete, an estimate of when it will be finished;
- If this is an edited collection, please include abstracts for each chapter and qualifications for each contributor;
- A statement that the manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
You can expect an initial response within 5-7 weeks. If shortlisted for further consideration, you will be notified within 8-10 weeks to submit a full manuscript for review. All manuscripts are peer reviewed by external readers who are recognized authorities in the subject matter of the manuscript. After review, each project is presented to the Press’s Executive Editorial Board. Final publication is contingent on the Executive Editorial Board’s approval.